Directed by: Simon Kinberg
Written by: Simon Kinberg
Produced by: Simon Kinberg, Hutch Parker, Lauren Shuler Donner, Todd Hallowell
Other cast: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp
Release date: June 7, 2019
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Running time: 1h 53min
The X-Men face their most formidable and powerful foe when one of their own, Jean Grey, starts to spiral out of control. During a rescue mission in outer space, Jean is nearly killed when she's hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. The X-Men must now band together to save her soul and battle aliens that want to use Grey's new abilities to rule the galaxy.
→ A Phoenix will rise. The X-Men will fall.
→ Every Hero Has a Dark Side
→ The Phoenix will rise.
→ The X-Men’s Final Battle will be Their Greatest.
• You feel like you don’t belong here. You don’t. They can’t begin to comprehend what you are.
• They told you they cold never understand you. And what they don’t know understand, they fear. And what they fear…
• You’re special, Jean. And if you stop fighting that force inside you, if you embrace it, you will possess the very power of a god.
• Your emotions make you weak.
• That power… destroyed everything it came into contact with.